How to Install Drupal Theme
Installation Drupal theme is simple, even for non-techies. Follow the simple steps below to make your Drupal site look better.
- Download a new theme package. Note that themes for different Drupal versions are not compatible, version 5.x themes do not work with Drupal 6.x and reverse.
- Read any README or INSTALL files in the package to find out if there are any special steps needed for this theme.
- Upload the contents of the theme package to a new directory in the
themesdirectory in your Drupal site. In Drupal 5.x & 6.x, you place your themes in
- Click administer » themes and enable the new theme (Drupal will auto-detect its presence).
- Edit your user preferences and select the new theme. If you want it to be the default theme for all users, check the default box in the themes administration page.
Read official Drupal theme installation guide for more details and community feedback.
packtpub.com have several nice tips about finding, installing and uninstalling Drupal themes too.